Sunday, July 29, 2012

Still no driver's license ... or sea shipment

I thought I was going to get my driver's license this morning, but again, the process wasn't fully explained.  I merely went to the driving school to make an appointment to take the test later in the week.  Just gives me more time to study the signs for the test.  Most of the signs are similar to those in the states, or you can figure out their meaning, but you have to say the name of the sign with their exact wording.  If not exact wording, you fail.  So instead of "No passing", it's "no overtaking," "yield" is "give way", "slippery road" is "slippery carriageway" and my personal favorite ... for "No U-turn," I have to say "Turning backwards is prohibited."  Love it!!  And who uses the word carriageway??? 

So my appointment is scheduled for Thursday morning at 5:30am.  We'll see...

And I just got a phone call that our sea shipment, scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, has also been delayed.  No surprise there.  I knew Ramadan would slow things down a bit.  Now we wait day by day until they get to our container.  No one really knows when it will be, so we'll wait and see how long it takes.  I'm still hopeful it will be this week, but that might just be wishful thinking.  Glad I never told the boys it was coming.  I had a feeling it was going to be delayed and I didn't want to disappoint them.

It will all come together eventually...

At least we have our RPs and passports so we can leave for vacation on Friday.  We decided to book our first cruise.  We're going on a 7 day cruise of Greece ... leaving from Venice, Italy on Saturday, August 3.  Super excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment