Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baby sitter bliss ... or not.

I decided to spoil myself today and get a babysitter so I could grocery shop alone.  Sad isn't it?  My idea of fun is to grocery shop alone!  But come on moms, you know it's a rare and wonderful treat (especially in the summer) to go shopping solo!!!

I forget how much faster you can shop without kids, so I was finished long before my pre-arranged driver was coming for me.  What to do?  I called the car service and told them to send the driver now, but I still waited for over 30 minutes ... I just kept thinking my ice cream was going to melt and my milk was going to spoil.  Plus I was starving!!  Here I am staring at a cart full of groceries, starving, and not able to open something for a snack!!  Remember, it's Ramadan - no eating in public!!  GRRRR!!!  (That was my tummy talking.)  My driver finally arrives and he graciously helps me load the groceries in the trunk.  He finishes first and promptly closes the lid to the trunk ... ON MY HEAD!!!!  Ouch!!!  So much for a peaceful, enjoyable shopping trip sans kids! 

I can't wait to get my driver's license!!!!  Then I can go where I want, when I want, how ever fast (or slow) I want.  It's scheduled for Sunday morning ... pray I pass the first time around!  For those that know me, I'm not the greatest driver in the world, so I need all the prayers I can get!!  :-)  Thankfully, Ken has been a good influence the last several years, so I might stand a chance at passing.  I have NO idea how I passed when I was 16!  I got zero points for parallel parking and parking on a hill -- I even lost points leaving the parking lot!  It's no wonder I got in a car accident just 2 weeks later -- in a parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment