Saturday, September 29, 2012

School Bus

My children never cease in providing stories to share on the blog...

Since Jaden has had a bit of a hard time adjusting to school (remember the hiding under the table story?), I haven't forced him to ride the school bus.  For whatever reason, he wants me to drive him to school and then he likes to ride the bus back home.  Traffic is a nightmare in the mornings and after dropping off Jaden, I still have to take Nicholas to his school ... all together, it's a 2 hour round trip for me every morning.  I've tried convincing myself that I don't mind, but let's be honest, I'm so ready for Jaden to ride the bus in the morning!!!

Tomorrow is the first time that I have someplace to be and I can't take him to school.  He will have to ride the bus -- and he is TERRIFIED!!!  I have absolutely no idea why he is so scared since he rides the very same bus home every day, but he is.  We've tried everything we can think of to calm his nerves, but he is a bit of a basket case. 

I encouraged him to practice last week and he agreed to try it on Wednesday morning.  He was nervous for sure, but we made it all the way to the bus stop at the club house.  He climbed on the bus and got situated.  All seemed fine - I was crazy proud!  I started visiting with some of the other moms, waiting for the buses to roll away, when I saw the bus monitor wandering around with Jaden's backpack.  What??  I approached and a bunch of moms are shouting, "Jaden ran off!  Jaden ran off!"  I run inside the clubhouse to find the little guy crying uncontrollably in one of the chairs.  Somehow, he managed to get unbuckled, sneak past the monitor, blow past me and all the other moms and safely park himself on a clubhouse chair.

Suffice it to say, I drove him to school.  Tomorrow we try again, except I have plans, so he really has to do it this time.  Pray for him!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment