Friday, April 6, 2012

Back home - let the purge begin!

Gosh ... I realize now that I should have made more frequent posts.  There is so much I could write about, but I'll keep it brief.  Ken arrived home from his business trip yesterday - just in time for Easter.  It's good to have him home! 

Ken started his new assignment in Yokohama on March 12.  I took the boys to stay with my parents in St. Louis and joined him in Yokohama a few days later. I had an AWESOME time touring Tokyo and the surrounding area!!  Someday, I'll have to post more about the trip and include a few pictures too.

After 10 days together in Japan, I returned to the states and brought the boys back home to Houston.  The boys had a fantastic 2 weeks with my parents in St. Louis (thanks mom and dad!!!), but my time there seemed much too short! 

Ken stayed in Yokohama for 3 weeks and then spent a week in Doha before returning home.  His journey literally took him around the world - he flew west to Tokyo, then west to Doha, and then west back home to Houston - a trip around the globe.  He will continue to have one heck of a commute for a while - back and forth between Houston and Tokyo/Doha. 

We still don't have an exact date for our move, but it's looking like early June.  I've started to go through the house room by room - deciding what to take with us, what to leave in storage, and what to just get rid of.  It's a daunting task for sure!  How did we accumulate so much stuff in just 7 years in this house?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment