Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New to blogging

I have absolutely no idea what to include in my first blog posting!  Does anyone really want to read about our mundane life??  So why blog?  And what's with the name??

I thought I'd start a blog as a central way to keep in touch with friends and family as we prepare for our new adventure.  Hopefully it will help us all to stay connected when we move overseas.  The skinny on Ken's job is that he will begin traveling back and forth to Tokyo in March and then we will be relocating to Doha, Qatar, sometime this summer.  We're very excited for this great opportunity, but of course, it will be EXTREMELY difficult to say good bye to our friends and family.  More to follow on the job front as we learn more ...

Now, for the name of this blog site ... after many readings of the children's book "Guess How Much I Love You?" my children started telling me "I love you up to God."  Of course, they had to one up each other, so that's how we came up with "I love you up to God and back."  Sometimes they even add "two times."  :-)  It melts my heart every time I hear it.  I just adore my boys!!!  So I thought it would be a perfect name for this family blogspot.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the name! Makes perfect sense. Congrats on the upcoming adventure. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete