Thursday, March 28, 2013

Good Friday or Easter? Or Holi??

I feel like tomorrow is Good Friday and Easter all rolled up in one day.  I'm not really sure how to celebrate Easter weekend with the boys here in Qatar.  Being a Muslim nation, Easter is not a recognized holiday - Ken will have to work on Easter Sunday.  Friday is the day for worship and the day we always attend church.  So it's a bit like having Easter Sunday on Friday, but really it's Good Friday.

To add even more holiday confusion, we were also invited to a Holi party for tomorrow afternoon!!  Holi is a Hindu holiday celebrating spring ... something about colors and water.  I'll have to take pictures and post them.  I have no idea what we're getting ourselves into, but I was told to bring water guns, towels, swim suits, and ice cream (I am ever so grateful I wasn't asked to bring any of the traditional Indian dishes and sweets as I wouldn't know where to begin!)  I figure any party where you're told to bring water guns will be a good party!  It should be a fun weekend!

On another note ... thought I'd post a picture of me and Ken.  I'm always taking pictures of the boys, but rarely pictures of us.  This was from last weekend when we went to a Jazz Club at the St. Regis Hotel.  It was a great night out with a huge group of friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment