Thursday, October 8, 2015

Nicholas' 7th Birthday

What a joy to celebrate Nicholas' 7th birthday last week!!  Not sure where the years have gone ... I remember his birth like it was yesterday.  It was the night of the Vice Presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden and I wanted to watch.  I went to the doctor for my 37 week well visit and found out that I was leaking amniotic fluid so they sent me straight to the hospital to be induced.  The hospital was across the street, so I called Ken as I walked over to check myself in.  My Doctor had a conference to attend that night but said she would be around until 6pm.  By 5pm I was having contractions, but was in no pain thanks to the epidural.  Around 5:30pm, I felt a shift in my abdomen, the nurse checked and Nicholas had crowned.  They hurried to get ready for me to push right as my doctor strolled in before heading off to her conference.  I pushed 2, maybe 3 times, and out he came!  He was born at 5:55pm.  We cuddled in the hospital and watched the debate on TV!  :-)

Seven years later, we celebrate the young man God is calling him to be!  Such a silly, sweet, smart little man!!!  Nicholas brings much joy and personality to our otherwise boring family.  :-)

Happy Birthday Nicholas!!!

 
 
Nicholas wanted vanilla cupcakes to share with his class for his birthday
 
Nicholas' class sings Happy Birthday
 
Selfie with the birthday boy!!
 For his birthday party, Nicholas invited his friends to play soccer (at the tennis courts in our compound).  It was still 100degrees outside, so we had several water breaks and when we were sufficiently hot and sweaty, we handed out water guns for an epic water gun battle!  The kids LOVED it!!!  Unfortunately I was too busy with the refill stations to get an pictures of the water gun action. 
Getting ready for his party

Ready for friends to arrive -- ready for haircuts too!  :-)
 Let the soccer playing begin!!!
 
 





Nicholas ... always the comedian, but doesn't realize the game continues behind him!
  After soccer and water guns, it was time for cupcakes and cookies!!

Singing happy birthday

 






Happy birthday Nicholas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment